Tuesday 3 November 2009

Halloween weekends work!!!

Well, after getting over a severe case of Bad cold / Flu, I decided to get out into the garden, to do some serious work, having neglected my garden this last month or 2, as I have been in Los Angeles.

So with Bonfire night fast imposing, though I would trim some bushes, cut down some trees, and make way for the new fence by uprooting 40m of old fence, all ready to be burnt.
I'll also include a picture of the Banana plants when I bought them back in the summer, so you can see the difference of a few months and the growth of them since April/May!!

With seeing a Banana plant all pruned in a shop, thought it was time to cut back all my old leaves, and prepare it to be wrapped up in fleece ready for the frost winter that I'm sure we will be getting. The 'Nana tree is now cut and hiding in the Brick shed ready to emerge next spring and grow even bigger!!
Also decided to dig up about 10-12 Pepper plants that haven't bore any fruit, from the garden, to see if I can over winter them in pots in the house. Fingers crossed!!!

And finally planted the 6 fruit twigs I got on offer from Focus, so hopefully the wife will have lots of Raspberries, Tayberries, Blackcurrents and Blackberries to eat for next year, again, fingers crossed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment